In this tutorial, learn how to run old games in Windows 10.
Playing old games on your new Windows 10, system isn’t impossible, but you might face big problems with some, if not the majority of them. There are a lot of tricks, tips and advices that we can give you, but there’s a solution that we have personally tested and we recommend it to all of you. That method, you’ll make sure you can run the good old iablo 2, Quake, Duke Nuke and others.
Can you run old PC games on Windows 10?
First, make sure you take all of the following steps:
– Always run the game as administrator
– Enable compatibility mode (navigate to Properties and from there select an older Windows version)
– Tweat some more settings – (navigate to Properties, select the “reduced color mode” or run the game in 640×480 resolution, if needs be)
– Use DosBox for really old Dos games
– Run the troubleshooter on the game which doesn’t work.
– Try using a virtual machine
If you’re still getting problems while playing old games on your Windows 10 PC, then run the Windows Compatibility troubleshooter. To do that, navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter > choose and run the troubleshooter.
The best method to play old games on Windows 10
The best method to make sure your favorite old games run on Windows 10 is to buy them from a place where their compatibility has been certified. Hence, unless they work by applying the above mentioned tips, a good idea would be to buy them from Steam, but the best place is on the GOG.com website.
We’ve used the GOG service and have downloaded a lot of of old games and all of them are working!
If you have any question then you can ask in the comment section below.Hope something helps you.