In this article, learn how to how to install .XAPK file on Android.
Let me explain first What is .XAPK File?
XAPK is an Android application package format. It is similar to the standard .APK format, but may contain other assets used by the app, such as an .OBB file, which media files, stores graphics, and other app data. XAPK files are used for distributing apps on third-party Android app download websites. They are not supported by Google Play.
XAPK file = APK file + OBB data file
XAPK file = Multiple APKs file (App Bundle)
XAPK file = Multiple APKs file + OBB data file
How to Install .XAPK File on Android
Notes: Make sure that your phone has permission to install third-party apps. To do that, navigate to Settings > Security > enable “Unknown Source” option.
Method 1. Install XAPK without the app
You can manually install XAPK file by changing the file extension. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Open Zarchiver.
1. Go to the XAPK file that you have downloaded from the internet.
2. After that, change the format of the XAPK file to ZIP. To do that, long press on the XAPK file and select Rename option. Rename the .xapk to .zip.
3. Extract the .zip file.
4. Once extracted, head to the extraction folder that you created for the game. You will see the folder named “Android” and the APK file.
5. Open the Android folder. The android folder has two subfolders; obb folder and the .obb file (usually named as “com.xxxxx.obb”). Copy/move the .obb file into the location: /sdcard/storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/
6. Now, back to the game folder again. Tap on the APK file and install it.
Method 2. Using a XAPK Installer
XAPK Manager is a tool to install .XAPK files on Android phone and tablet directly. It allows you to manage all the .apk and .xapk files on Android. You can use XAPK Manager to scan .apk files and .xapk files on the Android phone or the sdcard and install them easily.
This method will show you how to use XAPK Manager to install .XAPK file directly. Here are steps
1. Download and install XAPK Installer on your Android phone or tablet.
2. Open XAPK Installer, find the .XAPK file on the list, then tap on INSTALL.
3. The .XAPK file will be installed on the Android phone or tablet successfully.
Hope something helps you.