CPSEmu is a CPS2 emulator for Android devices.
It uses the same frontend as NeoDroid. Play your favorites CPS2 games such as Street Fighter Alpha 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom, Progear, Mars Matrix and more on your android device.
Key Features of CPSEmu CPS2 Emulator for Android:
– Use the same GUI as my NeoGeo emulator “NeoDroid”, so “NeoDroid” will benefit of all the changes added for this release.
– You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a “cache” folder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.
– CPSEmu use a cache file when running, if you have some slowdown in the emulation, try to move your roms on another partition/sdcard.
– Thanks to frandroid for providing an xperia play device to improve/add control code/compatibility
Here’s my tutorial to downloading & installing CPSEmu 1.4 (CPS2 Emulator) on Android devices.
Download CPSEmu 1.4 CPS2 Emulator for Android
Before you start, you will need to download CPSEmu 1.4 APK, you can download it from this below link:
Filename: CPSEmu APK
File Size: 2.38 MB
What’s new in CPSEmu 1.4:
– Fix a crash on android devices with an OS < 3.0 (Honeycomb)
– Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences ( Android 3.0+ )
How To Install CPSEmu 1.4 (CPS2 Emulator) on Android
Notes: Make sure that your phone has permission to install third-party apps. To do that, navigate to Settings > Security > enable “Unknown Source” option.
1. First, download and install Zarchiver on Android. Check this source to download Zarchiver for Android.
See more: How to Open Zip/Rar Files On Android
2. Download CPSEmu APK for Android click here.
3. Then install CPSEmu APK on your Android device. You may also like how to Install APK on Android Device from this post.
4. Navigate to this directory sdcard > CPSEmu. Create a new folder here and name it as “ROMS“. And put all CPS2 games ROMS in this folder.
5. Now you can launch CPSEmu (CPS2 Emulator) and select your game. CPSEmu will start creating a cache file before running the game.
After creating the cache file, you can start the game.
VIDEO TUTORIAL: How To Play CPS2 Games with CPSEmu for Android