2600.EMU is an open-source Atari 2600 VCS emulator that is based on Stella 4.7.3. So you can get the Atari nostalgia hit you once again. It is able to save states, supports ROMs in .a26 and .bin formats, optionally in RAR, ZIP or 7Z files. There’s also joystick and paddle controller emulation.
It is compatible with any Bluetooth and USB gamepad/controller and also works in any orientation.
Here’s my tutorial to downloading & installing 2600.EMU emulator on Android devices.
Download 2600.EMU APK For Android
Before you start, you will need to download 2600.EMU 1.5.34 APK, you can download it from this below link:
Filename: 2600.EMU APK
Author: Robert Broglia
File Size: 2.08 MB
Key Features of 2600.EMU:
– Save states.
– Supports ROMs in .a26 and .bin formats, optionally in ZIP, RAR, or 7Z files.
– Joystick and Paddle controller emulation.
– Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls.
– Bluetooth/USB gamepad & keyboard support compatible with any input device recognized by the OS (MOGA Pro, etc.), Wii controllers also supported if running Android 4.1 or lower, all devices support custom key profiles.
– Works in any orientation.
How To Install 2600.EMU on Android
Notes: Make sure that your phone has permission to install third-party apps. To do that, navigate to Settings > Security > enable “Unknown Source” option.
1. First, download and install Zarchiver on Android. Visit this source to download Zarchiver for Android.
See more: How to Open Zip/Rar Files on Android
2. Download 2600.EMU 1.5.34 APK click here.
3. Then install 2600.EMU APK on your Android device. You can refer on how to Install APK on Android Device from this guide.
4. Open 2600.EMU emulator and find the A2600 ROM, and tap it to play.
Notes: You need to download some ROMs for your Atari games and put them on your SD card. Then you can boot them from an emulator, in this case, 2600.EMU.
VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to Play Atari 2600 Games with 2600.EMU emulatoron Android
Hope something helps you.